Episode 4 (24.45-28.43)
Before you watch
1. Study the following words and phrases
In full swing – having reached a very high level
Seating plan – a diagram showing where each person will sit, for example at dinner
Number Ten – the British Prime minister or the British Government (from 10, Downing Street, London, the official home of the British PM)
Sherpa – a member of a Himalayan people, who often guide people in the mountains, in the film is used figuratively – the diplomatic Sherpa
2. Study the information on the following
Ivanka Trump — an American businesswoman, serving since 2017 as Advisor to the President, her father Donald Trump.
While you watch
Watch the film and be ready to answer the following questions
1. What event is being prepared?
2. What is the reason for Ivanka Trump’s visit? Will she be representing the USA at this meeting?
3. According to what principle are the attendees seated at the table?
4.What is order of importance of the attendees?
5. Which countries were among the attendees?
6. What were the outcomes of the session?
After you watch
Discuss the following issues
- On what other occasions can a seating plan be necessary? Do you think that proper seating contributes to the success of the event?
- It is said in the film ‘If the session on modern slavery leads to any significant agreements, it will be a feather in the cap of British diplomacy’. What do you think is meant by this phrase?