Episode 2 (05:22-10:05)
Before you watch
Study the following information
- Caroline Wilson (Europe Director in FCDO 2016-2019)
- RAF Northolt – Royal Air Force station that handles private civil flights in addition to Air Force flights
- A Treaty of Windsor 1386
Backdrop – the general conditions in which an event takes place, which sometimes help to explain the event
Infamous — well known for being bad or evil
To be vocal – telling people your opinion with confidence
While you watch
Answer the following questions
- What will be the first stop on the FS itinerary?
- What is the condition for the UK to become more prosperous on leaving the EU?
- Has Portugal been supportive when it comes to the Brexit issue?
- What should be done during the visit?
After you watch
Discuss the following
- Why is this trip so important for Britain?
- Caroline Wilson sounds rather sceptical as to Boris Jonson speaking French on his visit to France? What might be the reason for her scepticism?
- The British delegation are wearing poppy brooches. What do they symbolise? Why is it so important for the British?